Math Scavenger Hunt
Objective:Find mathematical data at various places in the park and solve a page of problems.
- Contestants will receive a page of equations. To solve each equation, they need a number. To get the number, they follow clues to find postings around the park at various rides.
- The first number will be posted at the Interactive Booth. Plug it into the first equation and then head off to the location given by the clue below that number.
- At the next location, and subsequent locations, answer the question inside the rectangle and use your answer to solve the next problem.
- Return to the Interactive Booth to get answers checked and receive the stamp and score.
Example: (only an example!)
- At location #3, the question is "How many people can ride in a single car on Psycho Mouse?"
- The answer is four (4) which you learn by checking out the ride.
- Substitute that number into your equation:
Y = 8 X2 - 5X + 7 = 8 • 42 - 5 • 4 + 7 = 155
- The clue is "You will feel like you are falling out of control on this ride." So you head off to Drop Tower to find the next clue.
Location: Celebration Plaza
Time: 9:00 am - 12:00 pm