Construct a freestanding tower as tall as you can using the materials provided. Towers that exceed 50 cm in height will receive a stamp of success. The tallest tower will receive a special prize by California's Great America.Supplies:
- Each team/individual will be furnished with one piece of 20-lb copier paper, 8.5" x 11"
- Each team/individual will be furnished with a 30-cm length of 3/4" wide transparent "magic" tape
- Meter Stick (to check height)
- Upon entering the contest area (Pavillion Room 3), each team/individual shall complete a short entry form and receive assignment to a table where the tower will be built.
- The maximum number of students on a team is four (4).
- Each team/individual shall only compete once during their PSM Day.
- Each team or individual will receive one piece of paper and one piece of tape.
- No items - including adhesives, tape, glue, rubber bands, string, etc. - may be added to the tower besides these materials.
- When the team has determined their maximum height has been reached, the judges will measure the highest point after a 5-second testing time has elapsed.
- The tower must be freestanding, meaning that it must not be fastened to the table on which you are working. Doing so will disqualify the builders.
Contest Time:9:00 am - 12:00 pmLocation:
Pavillion Room 3